I know you probably don’t want to read a long blurb about me, so here are the essentials:
Who am I?
- Â My name is Alicia. Mexican by birth, Canadian by chance.
What’s my poison?
- I have been knitting since 2006.
- I knit mostly hats, scarfs, gloves, mittens and sweaters (stuff I can wear in frozen Canada).
- I have never knitted a sock, nor plan to in the near future (I’m not a big fan of tiny yarn and needles). I also don’t knit shawls. They look amazing, but can’t figure out when or why I’d wear one.
- I started crocheting in 2007. I only crochet amigurumi (stuffed toys) and hats.
- I can appreciate crocheted items, but I do prefer knitted garments (less bulky in my opinion).
What’s this blog about?
- This blog is a way to share interesting things related to knitting and crochet: techniques, patterns, weird items, etc.
- I learn something new almost every day, so I’ll be posting it here.
What’s this blog NOT about?
- I doubt anyone is interesting in the minutiae of my life and my projects, so I won’t be writing about them.
- I do have a gallery of projects in this blog, but that’s the extent of it. You can also check my profile in Ravelry (you need to have a Ravelry account, though).